Served as contact for the annual media sponsorship of one of the nation’s largest LGBT celebrations (arguably the second largest LGBT celebration in the world).
The goal of this partnership was beyond marketing the SFMTA as a strong ally of the LGBTQ community and offering staff a fun way to participate; support of this major, super high-profile event also offered the transit agency direct access to strategic transportation-related messaging across all SF Pride materials, mitigating frustrating and potentially unsafe transit and city street overcrowding, informing visitors of safe pedestrian and bicycle behavior and how to prepare for travel delays.
As events/sponsorship lead for the agency, my included the major deliverables of:
- Negotiation of media sponsorship valued at up to $35,000
- Content development for all event publications:
- Social media development for owned and partner channels
- SF Pride publications
- Digital copy for agency pages and sfpride.org
- Wayfinding directions that incorporate a promotional language for the Agency’s new mobile transit app
- Oveseeing design development (parade banner, subway station A-frame signage, subway station banners, publication ads online and in print)
- Ensuring all collateral and copy was finalized on schedule
- Coordinate in-reach for staff participation of parade
- Negotiation with vendors for marketing materials and decor for motorized cable car
- Coordination with Transit division on securing and preparing motorized cable car, operator, route and schedule.