This is an example of how I used a client web presence to overhaul and strengthen the overall brand, streamline messaging, integrate with multimedia and new media communication/outreach tools and revitalize the business’ social presence and transactional capabilities.
Goals for new website:
1. Optimize web presence to drive business.
2. Support online shopping.
3. Integrate with existing online presence of Incite Livermore.
4. Revitalize image of Fit Chick Fitness to match the high-energy boot camp program offered.
5. Simplify day-to-day website maintenance for business owners.
Fit Chick Fitness – Before:
ORIGINAL WEBSITE – KEY ISSUES:
- Overly technical, coding-focused hosting platform prevented quick, timely content updates.
- Fixed design and graphic elements. Client did not have the skill, time, desire to re-code.
- No traffic measurement or monitoring
- Not optimized for search engines or mobile platforms
- Lack of branding
- Stale imagery
- Sloppy design
Fit Chick Fitness – After:
RELAUNCH – KEY IMPROVEMENTS:
- Clean, compelling imagery conveys professionalism
- Streamlined navigation
- Soft color palate of business & logo
- Features images of actual clients in action
- New web host with simplistic WYSIWYG design options
- Intuitive editing for color palate, layout, images, content. Multiple predesigned layouts are also available for quick overhauls.
- Direct integration with MailChimp, the email marketing software used by Fit Chick Fitness.
- Attractive page & thumbnail sharing via social media
- Mobile optimized to work with multiple devices
- Built-in integration with Google Apps such as Analytics, AdWords
- Integrated with PayPal for online purchases
Measurement of Client Goal Success:
1. Optimize web presence to drive business?
YES: I selected Wix.com as the new webpage host for Fit Chick Fitness. The software of Wix is optimal for business owners with minimal website backend/coding experience, focusing on the What You See is What You Get (WYSIWYG) presentation of webpage updating. The coding is built-in, and step-by-step updates are provided within Wix as necessary.
2. Support online shopping?
YES: Integration with PayPal for one-click purchasing and online billing.
3. Integrate with existing online presence of Incite Livermore?
YES: Linked seamlessly to Incite Livermore’s Facebook Page, Twitter account, and business contact information.
4. Revitalize image of Fit Chick Fitness to match the high-energy boot camp program offered?
YES: New website management host enables WYSIWYG image editing, access to regularly updated royalty-free stock photos, pre-designed and customizable theme templates and color schemes.
5. Simplify day-to-day website maintenance for business owners?
YES: Wix offers basic website management for free. Customers can add-on services as needed, an a la carte model to replace the previous comprehensive website management package. This eliminates unnecessary overly technical features and functions and saves the business money by cutting excess fees for unused services.